Rupee trims initial losses vs dollar, still down by 2 paise
Mumbai: The rupee trimmed its initial losses, but was still trading lower at 55.65 against the American currency in late morning deals on Monday amid good demand of the dollar from some banks, despite it being bearish overseas.
The rupee opened sharply lower at 55.70 per dollar as against the previous closing level of 55.63 at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market.
It moved in a range of 55.64 and 55.76 in late morning deals before quoting 55.65 per dollar at 1100 hours, down 2 paise over its last close.
In the international market, the US dollar extended losses against the Japanese yen yesterday.
Meanwhile, the BSE-30 share barometer Sensex was trading higher by 152.06 points, or 0.77 percent, quoting 19,856.39 at 1100 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300