Rupee up 11 paise Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday appreciated by 11 paise to 54.75 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange (forex) market on selling of the US currency by exporters.
Besides, a strong opening in the domestic equity market and strength in other currencies against the dollar overseas also supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had gained three paise to end at 54.86 on Monday on late dollar selling by some exporters and custodian banks.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 151.39 points, or 0.80 percent, to 19,029.35 in early trade on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300