Rupee up 13 paise to 53.67 Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: Continuing its gains for the third consecutive session, the rupee today rose by 13 paise to 53.67 against the dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange market, on sustained selling of the US currency by exporters.
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the dollar after the US Federal Reserve opted to keep its easy-money policies in place on the back of lacklustre economic data, also supported the rupee.
The rupee had gained 45 paise to close at nearly three- month high of 53.80 against the dollar in the previous session on Tuesday.
The Forex and money markets were closed yesterday for 'Maharashtra Day'.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex fell by 52.92 points, or 0.27 per cent, to 19,451.26 in early trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300