Rupee up 16 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee Tuesday strengthened by 16 paise to 54.25 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters, amid sustained foreign capital inflows.
Besides a higher opening in the domestic equity market also aided the local currency, forex dealers said.
The rupee had lost 13 paise to close at 54.41 against the dollar on Monday.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 35.67 points, or 0.18 percent, to 19,681.88 in early trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products