Rupee up 26 paise Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Tuesday gained 26 paise to 53.91 against the dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange on fresh selling of the US currency by exporters ahead of the Reserve Bank policy review.
Forex dealers said strengthening of euro against the dollar overseas on easing fears about a controversial bailout for Cyprus and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, also supported the rupee.
The local currency had lost 16 paise to close at 54.17 yesterday due to fresh dollar demand from importers and some banks.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark index Sensex recovered by 85.41 points, or 0.44 percent, to 19,378.61 in early trade Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300