Rupee up 6 paise to 55.85 Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Thursday rose marginally by six paise to 55.85 against the US dollar in early trade on the Interbank Foreign Exchange as the American unit weakened against euro overseas.
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the US dollar ahead of a European Central Bank meeting, which could announce new policies to help contain the euro-zone's debt crisis and a higher opening in the domestic equity market, supported the rupee.
The rupee had lost 25 paise to hit a nearly six-week low of 55.91 against the US dollar yesterday on heavy dollar demand form importers amid a weak trend in stock market.
Meanwhile, the BSE benchmark Sensex recovered by 19.18 points, or 0.11 percent, to 17,332.52.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300