Rupee up 8 paise to 54.10 Vs dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee on Wednesday appreciated by eight paise to 54.10 against the US dollar on the Interbank Foreign Exchange (Forex) market in early trade on increased foreign fund flows amid firm local equities.
Forex dealers said euro's gains against the American currency in the overseas market also supported the rupee.
The local unit had closed higher at 54.18 against the dollar on Monday.
Forex market was closed yesterday for 'Shivaji Jayanti'.
Meanwhile, the 30-share BSE Sensex rose by 106.70 points, or 0.54 percent, to 19,742.42 in early trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20