Rupee up by 24 paise against dollar in early trade
Mumbai: The rupee appreciated by 24 paise to 54.09 against the US dollar in early trade at the Interbank Foreign Exchange today on sustained selling of the American currency by exporters and banks and increased capital inflows.
Besides, strengthening of euro and other currencies against the dollar in overseas market and higher opening in equity market supported the rupee, forex dealers said.
The rupee had shed 5 paise to close at 54.33 in the previous session on Friday's trade.
The BSE benchmark Sensex rose by 148 points, or 0.79 percent, to 18,883.60 in early trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300