Sensex down over 130 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark index Sensex Monday fell by over 130 points in early trade Monday on selling by funds amid a mixed trend in the Asian region.
The 30-share barometer, which had gained 54.95 points in the previous session, fell by 130.56 points, or 0.70 percent, to 18,643.68 in the first few minutes of trading led by banking, information technology and oil and gas sector stocks.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty declined by 35.80 points, or 0.63 percent, to 5,631.85.
Brokers said selling by funds amid a mixed trend on Asian bourses mainly influenced the trading sentiment here.
In the Asian region, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index fell by 1.18 percent, while Japan's Nikkei Index edged was up by 1.42 percent in early trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300