Sensex gains 44 points in early trade
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex recovered by nearly 44 points in early trade Monday on buying by funds and retailers amid a mixed trend in Asian region.
The 30-share barometer, which had lost nearly 219 points in the previous two trading days, recovered by 43.68 points, or 0.23 percent, to 18,727.36.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 15.65 points, or 0.28 percent, to 5,701.90.
Brokers said fresh round of buying by major players amid a mixed trend in Asian markets mainly influenced the trading sentiment.
Meanwhile, in Asian region, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index was up by 0.03 percent, while Japan's Nikkei shed 0.73 percent.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average had ended marginally higher by 0.03 percent in the previous session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20