Sensex hits record high of 21,710; Nifty scales new peak
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: BSE Sensex on Friday surged by 196 points to hit another record high of 21,710. The broad based Nifty too scaled new peak of 6,454 in opening trade.
The BSE Sensex rose 0.9 percent to a record high of 21,710.43 points, marking its second consecutive day of hitting the milestone.
The Nifty rose 0.8 percent to a record high of 6,459.25 points.
Overseas investors bought Indian shares worth 12.73 billion rupees on Thursday, their biggest daily purchase since December 19, extended their buying streak to a 15th straight day.
Top gainers at BSE are L&T (5.72 percent), SBI (4.00 percent), ICICI BANK (3.99 percent), BHARTI AIR (3.50 percent) and BHEL (2.66 percent).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20