Sensex marginally lower; HDFC, Sun Pharma fall
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex falls on caution ahead of the US Federal Reserve's two-day policy meeting, at which it is widely expected to begin withdrawing stimulus, followed by the RBI policy review on September 20.
The BSE Sensex falls 0.06 percent while the broader Nifty is down 0.2 percent at 1105 IST.
Among blue chip shares, Housing Development and Finance Corporation Ltd falls 1.49 percent while Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd is down 2.56 percent.
Asian shares eased and the dollar firmed on Tuesday as investors consolidated positions ahead of the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy meeting.
Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd gains 4.18 percent on value buying after a ruling from the U.S. health regulator on its Mohali factory triggered the worst single-day fall in its stock on Monday, wiping off a third of its market value.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300