Sensex pares losses; still below 20,000-level
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex gained over 42 points in early trade on Friday on buying in stocks of consumer durables, oil and gas and capital goods amid a firming Asian trend.
The 30-share barometer rose by 42.04 points, or 0.21 percent to 19,937.02. The index had lost 110.02 points in the previous session.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 11.35 points, or 0.19 percent, to 6,046.10.
Brokers said fresh buying by funds in select stocks, having strong fundamentals and a firming trend in Asian region mainly influenced the sentiment.
Among Asian markets, Hong Kong's Hang Seng up 0.14 percent, while Japan's Nikkei gained 0.63 percent in opening trade today. However, the US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.36 percent lower in yesterday's trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300