Sensex range-bound in early trade, Nifty hovers around 5,700
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex remained in tight range in early trade Tuesday with investors' risk appetite curbed by uncertainty over the outcome of the tight US presidential election and renewed doubts over Greece's political ability to push through severe fiscal reforms.
The 30-share index fell by 7.12 points, or 0.04 percent, to 18,755.75 in early trade. Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange Nifty Index shed 2.25 points, or 0.04 percent, to 5,701.95.
The MSCI index of Asia-Pacific shares outside Japan was nearly unchanged, pulled higher by a 0.3 percent rise in Australian shares and a 0.2 percent increase in South Korean shares , but countered by weakness in most other Asian equities.
Japan's Nikkei average fell 0.4 percent.
The Dow Jones industrial average advanced 19.28 points, or 0.15 percent, to end at 13,112.44. The Standard & Poor's 500 Index rose 3.06 points, or 0.22 percent, to 1,417.26. The Nasdaq Composite Index gained 17.53 points, or 0.59 percent, to close at 2,999.66.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300