Sensex up 19 points even as RBI keeps interest rate unchanged
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex Monday rose 19 points in late morning trade led by healthcare, teck, and auto stocks even as the Reserve Bank kept key interest rates unchanged.
In a volatile trade, the 30-share index rose 19.40 points, or 0.10 percent, to trade at 19,197.33 at 1152 hrs, despite RBI keeping key interest rates unchanged.
Similarly, the National Stock Exchange Nifty index Nifty rose marginally by 0.65 points, or 0.01 percent, to 5,809.05.
The rise was mostly led by healthcare, Teck, consumer durables and auto stocks, brokers said.
Reserve Bank today kept the key interest rates unchanged citing elevated food inflation, rupee depreciation and uncertainty over foreign fund inflows.
The repo rate at which the RBI lends to the system has been retained at 7.25 percent, while the cash reserve ratio will continue to be 4 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300