Sensex up 30 points as oil, gas stocks rally
Mumbai: A benchmark index of Indian equities markets was trading 29.84 points up in the afternoon trade Wednesday as oil and gas, health care and capital goods stocks gained.
The 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 18,841.49 points, was ruling at 18,853.75 points, 29.84 points or 0.16 percent higher than its previous day's close at 18,823.91 points.
The Sensex touched a high of 18,905.62 points and a low of 18,831.94 points in intra-day trade. The BSE midcap index was up 24.48 points while the smallcap index was 48.13 points high.
The wider 50-scrip S&P CNX Nifty of the National Stock Exchange was ruling 7.00 points or 0.12 percent up at 5,725.80 points.
On the sectoral front, the BSE oil and gas index was up 74.19 points followed by health care index which was higher by 56.89 points and capital goods up 52.35 points.
Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei was down 0.45 percent while Hong Kong's Hang Seng was trading 0.04 percent higher. Shanghai's composite index was also up 1.45 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300