Sensex zooms over 350 pts, Nifty breaches 6,200 level after RBI policy
Zee Media Bureau
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex on Tuesday zoomed by over 350 points in the afternoon trade amid the Reserve Bank hiking the repo rate by 0.25 percent and easing liquidity curbs by cutting MSF rate by same margin in its policy announcement.
The 30-share index, which fell over 38 points in the morning trade, rebounded by 352 points, to 20,922 points in the afternoon trade.
In similar fashion, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty was trading 121 points, higher at 6,222 points after falling 8.45 points in early trade.
Sentiments turned better after the RBI cuts Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) rate by 0.25 percent to 8.75 percent which would bring down the cost of short-term funds for banks.
The repo rate or the short-term lending rate has been increased by 25 basis points to 7.75 percent and the economic growth forecast lowered for this fiscal to 5 percent from 5.5 percent in RBI's policy announcement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20