Stock Guru scam: Police likely to approach SEBI
New Delhi: Delhi Police are likely to approach SEBI in connection with investigations into a multi-crore stock scam in which a couple was arrested.
Nagpur-resident Ulhas Prabhakar Khaire and his wife Raksha J Urs were arrested from Maharashtra's Ratnagiri town on Saturday by sleuths of Delhi Police Economic Offences Wing for duping over two lakh people from Delhi, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra.
They promised investors high returns on their investment through their firm dealing in stock market.
Sources said City Police's Economic Offences Wing is also likely seek the help of Enforcement Directorate for further probe.
Investigators said there could be more arrests in the case while efforts were on to ascertain whether the couple had stashed money abroad.
It also came out during investigations that the couple owned eight flats in Dwarka, one each flat in Bhiwadi (Haryana), Alwar (Rajasthan) and Muradabad in Uttar Pradesh as well as a mansion in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300