TCS, ONGC shine as eight cos add Rs 56,113 crore in m-cap
Mumbai: Eight of the top-10 most valued companies added a combined Rs 56,113 crore in market capitalisation over the past week.
Barring Reliance Industries and Coal India, the companies that gained in market value included TCS, Oil & Natural Gas Corp and ITC.
TCS, the nation's biggest software services exporter, was the biggest gainer with its m-cap shooting up by Rs 13,211 crore to Rs 4,45,179 crore.
Energy giant ONGC's value climbed Rs 12,534 crore to Rs 2,49,435 crore, while FMCG major ITC added Rs 7,998 crore to Rs 2,60,230 crore.
Wipro's valuation zoomed Rs 6,157 crore to Rs 1,47,149 crore, while Sun Pharma's market worth climbed Rs 5,882 crore to Rs 1,33,109 crore and that of Tata Motors rose by Rs 5,684 crore to Rs 1,12,356 crore.
Infosys' value moved up by Rs 3,933 crore to Rs 2,19,369 crore and HDFC Bank added Rs 714 crore to Rs 1,60,021 crore.
Coal India lost Rs 4,548 crore to Rs 1,54,119 crore and Reliance's value fell by Rs 3,895 crore to Rs 2,58,290 crore.
TCS headed the list of top-10 firms, followed by ITC, Reliance, ONGC, Infosys, HDFC Bank, Coal India, Wipro, Tata Motors and Sun Pharma.
Over the past week, the Sensex gained 419.37 points -- the best since the week ending November 29, when the BSE barometer surged 574.54 points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20