Top eight cos add Rs 83,195 cr in m-cap; RIL, ONGC sparkle
Mumbai: Helped by spurt in market value of RIL and ONGC, combined market capitalisation (m-cap) of top eight Sensex companies soared by Rs 83,195 crore last week.
Except SBI and HUL, rest eight companies such as TCS, ONGC, RIL and ITC saw gains in their market valuations, amid a strong stock market where the BSE benchmark Sensex gained 621.57 points, or 3.3 percent, to close the week at 19,395.81.
The market value of RIL surged Rs 21,991 crore to Rs 2,78,927 crore, becoming the top gainer in the list of top 10 companies.
State-run energy major ONGC was the second biggest gainer with its m-cap rising by Rs 18,907 crore to Rs 2,82,416 crore.
TCS added Rs 18,760 crore taking its m-cap to Rs 2,97,184 crore, while mortgage lender HDFC's value soared by Rs 7,880 crore to Rs 1,34,869 crore.
The m-cap of HDFC Bank spurted by Rs 7,808 crore to Rs 1,59,133 crore, Infosys' value zoomed up by Rs 4,255 crore to Rs 1,43,171 crore, Coal India (Rs 2,369 crore to Rs 1,91,354 crore), and ITC (Rs 1,225 crore to Rs 2,56,335 crore).
In contrast, SBI lost Rs 2,518 crore to Rs 1,33,632 crore, while the market value of HUL slipped by Rs 1,254 crore to Rs 1,26,478 crore.
In the list of top-10 companies, TCS continued to rule the elite chart, followed by ONGC, RIL, ITC, CIL, HDFC Bank, Infosys, HDFC, SBI and HUL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20