United Spirits stocks at 52-week high on hopes of Diageo deal
Mumbai: Shares of United Spirits on Friday surged 6 percent to 52-week high following reports that Vijay-Mallya led UB Group has reached a deal with the world's largest spirit maker Diageo for stake sale in the company.
After opening strong, shares of USL further jumped 6 percent to Rs Rs 1,425 -- its highest level in a year on the BSE.
At NSE too, the scrip gained 6 percent to touch a 52-week high of Rs 1,425.
As per news reports, the deal will be announced today.
In September, United Spirits had confirmed that it was in talks with UK-based Diageo Plc for a stake sale.
"United Spirits and Diageo Plc confirm that the UK-based company is in discussion with it and United Breweries Holdings in respect of possible transactions to acquire an interest in the liquor firm," United Spirits had said in a filing to BSE.
USL is the world's second largest spirits maker after Diageo and markets various liquor brands including Signature, Bagpiper, Antiquity, Royal Challenge, Signature in the country.
Mallya-led United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL), the promoter of USL, holds 18.03 percent stake as on September 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300