US-based retirement fund buys 6 lakh Eros shares for Rs 10 cr
Mumbai: The US-based College Retirement Equities Fund on Monday picked up six lakh shares of entertainment firm Eros International Media in an open market transaction for Rs 10.50 crore.
As per the bulk deal data available with the stock exchanges, College Retirement Equities acquired 6,00,013 shares (amounting to 0.65 percent stake) of the movie and entertainment company.
The shares of Eros were purchased at an average price of Rs 174.98 apiece, aggregating the deal size to Rs 10.50 crore.
Eros had reported a six percent fall in net profit at Rs 65.2 crore for the quarter ended December 31.
During the October-December period, the company released 21 films, of which 18 were in Hindi.
Shares of Eros gained 0.89 percent to end the day at Rs 175.00 apiece, on the BSE.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300