AT&T revenue misses estimates as promotion weighs on revenue
Washington: AT&T Inc`s second-quarter revenue rose, but slightly less than Wall Street forecasts, as a promotional offer to charge customers for devices separately from service weighed on average revenue per user.
The No. 2 US mobile provider said on Wednesday that, excluding items, it earned 62 cents, one penny less than Wall Street expectations according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S.
AT&T shares fell 1.67 percent to $35.28 after closing at $35.88 on the New York Stock Exchange. AT&T added 1,026,000 contract subscribers in the quarter, the most in five years, matching Wall Street expectations.
Wireless service revenue decreased 1.4 percent in the second quarter, while equipment revenue grew 44.8 percent.
AT&T earned $3.6 billion, or 68 cents per share, compared with $3.8 billion, or 71 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter.
Revenue rose to $32.6 billion from $32.1 billion in the year-ago quarter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20