Australia's unemployment rate steady
Sydney: Australia's unemployment rate stayed at 5.2 percent in July, the Australia Bureau of Statistics (ABS) announced Thursday.
The ABS reported that the number of people employed increased by 14,000 to 11,512,600 in July, while the number of unemployed people fell by 25,000 to 635,100 in the month, reported Xinhua.
The rise in employment was driven by increased full-time and part-time employment, up 9,200 and 4800 jobs, respectively, the ABS said.
The labour force participation rate was unchanged at 65.2 percent in July.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20