New York: Bill Gates, the chairman of Microsoft Corp., is still the richest man in America, according to a Forbes magazine list released on Wednesday.
Gates, with a net worth USD 66 billion, up USD 7 billion from a year earlier, topped the list for the 19th year in a row, as per the release.
He was followed by Warren Buffett, chairman and chief executive Berkshire Hathaway Inc, in the second with USD 46 billion.
Below is the list of the 10 richest Americans released by Forbes of which the ranks of the top five were unchanged from a year earlier.
1. Bill Gates, Medina, Wash., USD 66 billion
2. Warren Buffett, Omaha, USD 46 billion
3. Larry Ellison, Woodside, Calif., USD 41 billion
4. Charles Koch, Wichita, Kan., USD 31 billion
5. David Koch, New York City, USD 31 billion
6. Christy Walton & family, Jackson, Wyo., USD 27.9 billion
7. Jim Walton, Bentonville, Ark., USD 26.8 billion
8. Alice Walton, Fort Worth, Texas, USD 26.3 billion
9. S. Robson Walton, Bentonville, Ark., USD 26.1 billion
10. Michael Bloomberg, New York City, USD 25 billion
First Published: Thursday, September 20, 2012, 09:18