China has 240 million automobiles, 260 million drivers
Beijing: China has over 240 million automobiles as of last year and 260 million driving license holders of all types of vehicles.
The number of people licensed to drive cars in China has exceeded 200 million, an increase of 26.47 million year-on-year, the Ministry of Public Security's statistics here showed.
The statistics showed that there were 240 million automobiles on the roads by the end of 2012, and a total of 260 million license holders for all types of vehicles, including motorcycles, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Meanwhile, the number of road accidents involving deaths or injuries dropped by 3.1 percent in 2012, and the death toll by 3.8 percent.
The number of accidents claiming more than three lives decreased by 15 percent.
The ministry said the number of deaths on countryside roads increased by 13.9 percent year-on-year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300