Chinese cos interested in manufacturing, power sector in east
Kolkata: Chinese companies are keen on investing in manufacturing and powers sectors in the eastern region of the country.
"We have about 40 companies operating in the region, and more companies are interested in opportunities here, especially in power, manufacturing and mining sectors here," Chairman of Chamber of Chinese Enterprises in Kolkata Liang Jian said here on Wednesday.
Speaking on the sidelines of a Bengal Chamber event here, he said the geographical proximity of China and West Bengal was one reason for Chinese companies being interested in coming here.
"Labour force, logistics make this region attractive for Chinese companies," he said.
Gujarat is another state where companies are showing keen interest in, he added.
At present, Chinese companies are engaged in power, metallurgical, tourism, and mining in the eastern region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products