Coffee with Apple CEO Tim Cook comes with price tag of $210K
Washington: Apple CEO Tim Cook is set to share Silicon Valley’s most expensive cup of coffee, it has been revealed.
Sometime in the next year, Cook will sit down for a cup of coffee with someone who has paid at least 210,000 dollars for the privilege, CNN reported.
Cook has volunteered, through the online-auction site Charity Buzz, to share up to an hour of his precious time with two lucky (and deep-pocketed) winners.
Proceeds from the auction will go to The RFK Center for Justice and Human Rights, an international nonprofit founded as a memorial to Robert F. Kennedy by his family and friends.
In the auction’s first day, Cook had gotten 52 bids, starting at 5,000 dollars and spiraling upward quickly. The leading bid Thursday evening was 210,000 dollars, and there were still 19 days to go until bidding closes May 14.
The coffee chat will happen at Apple’s Cupertino, California, headquarters. The winner may bring along one guest.
The move fits in with the more open public persona Cook has adopted since replacing late Apple CEO and co-founder Steve Jobs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300