EasyJet to buy 135 Airbus aircraft
London: Following its shareholders' approval, British airline company easyJet agreed to buy 135 Airbus A320 family aircraft.
"We are delighted that the easyJet board has now confirmed the order. The A320 Family aircraft have the tallest and widest cabin of any single aisle aircraft for added passenger space and comfort," said John Leahy, chief operating officer-customers, Thursday.
The order by easyJet sustains nearly 2500 jobs as well as some 7,500 in the extended supply chain in Britain, reported Xinhua.
EasyJet operates one of Europe's most extensive route networks, and is the Britain's largest airline, carrying 55 million passenger a year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products