Etihad launches Abu Dhabi-Ahmedabad flight
Dubai: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has launched flights between Abu Dhabi and Ahmedabad, making it the airline's ninth destination in India.
The Abu Dhabi-based Airlines, which launched the flight yesterday, now flies to nine Indian destinations including New Delhi, Chennai, Mumbai, Kozhikode, Thiruvananthapuram, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Kochi.
Etihad flies a total of 59 flights to India per week.
"Etihad Airways is committed to serving the Indian market and people, whether in India or the diaspora," Etihad Airways' President and Chief Executive Officer, James Hogan, said.
"We are delighted to launch this new service and are committed to serving our customers in Guajarat," he said.
"Our daily, two-class A320 service to Ahmedabad is another step in expanding our presence on the Indian Subcontinent and connecting key strategic cities with Abu Dhabi," Hogan said.
"We are confident that the addition of the Ahmedabad service will further strengthen commercial and cultural ties between India and the UAE and will lead to continued strong growth in traffic flows between India, Abu Dhabi and beyond," Hogan said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300