Eurozone releases 3.7 bn euros as Portugal bailout nears end: EFSF
Luxembourg: The eurozone approved Tuesday the disbursement of 3.7 billion euros in rescue loans to Portugal, taking Lisbon`s bailout to its final stage, the EFSF said in a statement.
"After a couple of years of intense adjustment and tremendous efforts by its people, Portugal reaches now the decisive phase towards regaining market access," said European Financial Stability Facility head Klaus Regling.
"This goal is within reach," he underlined.
With a final 1.2 billion euros still to be disbursed, the EFSF said the 78-billion financial assistance programme for Portugal "will have been completed by the middle of 2014".
The disbursement was approved five days after euro finance ministers announced that Ireland (85 billion) and Spain (41 billion) would exit their sovereign and banking bailouts in December and in January respectively, without any credit line.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300