Greece to do everything to restore economic order
Berlin: Greek Prime Minister Antonis Samaras Tuesday exuded confidence that his country will do everything possible to restore financial order and investor confidence in the economy.
Samaras, who is visiting Berlin, spoke ahead of a closed-door meeting with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and amidst a gruelling economic crisis that has pummelled Greece in recent years, leaving it with soaring unemployment rates and the need for a series of international bailouts.
"We are trying to win back credibility, on the part of the people of Europe and on the part of the markets," he said.
Germany has played a leading role in securing financial assistance for Athens from EU member states and the International Monetary Fund. Greece has largely remained afloat by loans since May 2010.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300