India adds 22 new items to promote Indo-Myanmar border trade
New Delhi: India has added 22 commodities such as agricultural tools, bicycle, coal and garments in the list of items for border trade with Myanmar to boost the two-way commerce between the neighbours.
"Existing arrangements for import/export of items under Indo-Myanmar Border have been revised; and 22 new items have been added to the existing list of 40 tradable items and all the 62 items consolidated," Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) said in a public notice.
The other new items include edible oil, electrical appliances, steel products, medicines, tea, beverages, motor cycles and spare parts, semi precious stone, sewing machines and three wheelers/cars below 100cc.
According to industry body CII, the bilateral trade between India and Myanmar is expected to double by 2015 from the current level of USD 1.3 billion, on the back of free trade agreement between New Delhi and Asean region.
Myanmar is a key member of the 10-nation bloc Association of South East Asian Nations (Asean).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300