India finances power project in Mozambique
Maputo: India has made USD 250 million available to finance a power project in Maputo region in southern Mozambique, the Mozambique News Agency (AIM) said Sunday.
Citing the chairman of Mozambican Electricity Co (EDM), Augusto de Sousa Fernando, AIM said the project will kick off by June and end in 2016, reports Xinhua.
Fernando also said the project was in the phase of elaboration and that the tender would be published soon to select the company to accomplish the work.
"This project will help respond to the need for power supply in Maputo region," he said.
The Mozambican capital Maputo, which shares the name of the region, is always expanding and needs new investments for the growing need of power, Fernando said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300