Libor Scandal: RBS fined $612 million
New Delhi: Royal Bank of Scotland, the third bank to pay fines in the Libor scandal, has been penalised a hefty sum of USD 612 million by UK and US authorities, a news wire has reported.
RBS has been penalised to settle allegations it manipulated benchmark interest rates, and regulators warned there is more to come in the global investigation.
The British bank, which is 82 percent-owned by the state after the world's costliest bank bailout in 2008, said on Wednesday it was cutting bonuses to help pay for the fine, in a bid to avoid a public backlash.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300