Myanmar simplifies procedures for obtaining passport
Yangon: The Myanmar government has simplified procedures for people to obtain passport for leaving the country, canceling submission of education clearance for the application as part of the efforts in its administration reform, local media reported Monday.
Previously, people who learnt university education had to compensate for their education when applying a passport as education clearance from the Education Ministry.
Days earlier, the Finance Ministry and Immigration Ministry had respectively announced cancellation of some procedures of presenting documents of Tax Clearance (Form-19) and Departure Form (Form-D) to the authorities when leaving the country at airport.
The two measures, effective from March 15, applies to all local citizens and foreign visitors except those with outstanding tax payment to the state.
These measures are expected to reduce the burden on travelers leaving the country. Travelers leaving the country for different purposes used to spend lots of money and had to tolerate a long queue in order to obtain such tax clearance documents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products