No US debt deal may cause dollar decline: IMF chief
Last Updated: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 09:55
Washington: Failure by the United States to raise the debt ceiling would likely lead to a decline in the US dollar and raise "doubts" among those using it as a reserve currency, the head of the IMF said on Thursday.
"One of the consequences could be a decline of the dollar as a reserve currency and a dent in people's confidence in the dollar," IMF Managing Director Christine Lagarde told PBS NewsHour in an interview.
First Published: Friday, July 29, 2011 - 09:55
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20