Pakistan reduces diesel prices
Islamabad: The Pakistan government hiked the prices of petrol and compressed natural gas (CNG) but reduced diesel rates Monday, just days after protests in neighbour India where diesel tariff saw a sharp Rs.5 hike.
The price of high speed diesel and light diesel were reduced by Rs.1.75 and 14 paisa respectively, reported Dawn.
The government Sunday, however, decided to increase the prices of petrol and Compressed Natural Gas (CNG).
Petrol price has been raised by Rs.6.82. Also, the price of high octane and kerosene oil has been raised by Rs.1.5 and 62 paisa respectively.
The petrol price is now Rs.106.72.
India's opposition parties and some allies of the ruling United Progressive Alliance are upset over the hike in diesel prices and have demanded a rollback.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300