Qualcomm to invest $121 million in Sharp: Report
Tokyo: Qualcomm Inc may become Sharp Corp's biggest shareholder, thereby helping the latter boost its shareholder equity ratio, a news agency has reported.
Citing sources, the agency said that Qualcomm is likely to invest as much as 10 billion yen (USD 121.5 million) in Sharp.
Under its terms, Sharp could receive about 5 billion yen from Qualcomm through a private placement of new shares by the end of the year, with the remaining investment to come after panel production starts.
The agency further said that Sharp may announce the tie-up as early as Tuesday.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300