Rio Tinto more than doubles H1 net profit to $4.4 bn
Anglo-Australian mining giant Rio Tinto said Thursday it more than doubled its first-half net profit to US$4.4 billion, as it continued a cost-cutting programme and wound back its net debt.
"During the first half we have increased underlying earnings by 21 percent to US$5.1 billion and enhanced operating cash flow by eight percent," Rio chief Sam Walsh said of the "outstanding" performance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20