Sleeping pods to be launched at Abu Dhabi airport
Abu Dhabi: In a first-of-its-kind, the Abu Dhabi Airports Company has introduced sleeping pods at the international airport in the emirate.
The "GoSleep" sleeping pod is the latest, state-of-the-art chair that converts into a flat bed. Ten sleeping pods have been installed in Terminal 3 and in the Al Dhabi Lounge in Terminal 1 at the airport, with a further 35 to be installed later this year.
The sleeping pods are easy to operate and feature a partial or fully enclosed sliding shade that isolates the customer from noise, light and crowds.
After an initial launch phase, the chairs will be upgraded to include internet access, will include secure storage for luggage and other valuables, and will allow customers to charge their laptops, mobile telephones, and other electronic devices.
Passengers will be able to use the chairs at a rate of 45 dirhams per hour.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products