Spain's year-on-year inflation rate falls
Madrid: Spain's year-on-year inflation rate fell by one percentage point to 1.4 percent in April, compared to the previous month, the National Statistics Institute, or INE, said in its preliminary consumer price index for the month.
The downward move in the consumer price index was driven mainly by drops in electricity rates and fuel and lubricant prices, the INE said.
If the final consumer price index for this month, scheduled for release May 14, confirms the initial figure, Spain's inflation rate would be back to the March 2010 level.
The adjusted consumer price index, which measures price trends using the same methodology in all Eurozone countries, would be at 1.5 percent this month, down by 1.1 percentage points from March.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month