US economy grew a speedy 3.6% in Q3
Washington: The US economy grew at a speedy annual rate of 3.6 percent in the third quarter, significantly higher than initially estimated, the Commerce Department reported Thursday.
Gross domestic product growth was originally estimated at 2.8 percent for the July-September period. Most analysts expected that the pace of GDP expansion would be revised slightly upward to 3.0 percent.
The upward revision mainly reflected data showing a higher build in private inventory investment and nonresidential fixed investment than seen at the first estimate on November 7.
The strong third-quarter reading marked the fourth consecutive quarter of expansion in the world`s largest economy, and was the fastest growth since the 2012 first quarter`s 3.7 percent pace.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300