US safety regulators likely to approve Boeing 787 battery testing
Washington: The US safety regulators are set to allow Boeing to begin flight tests of the 787 Dreamliner with a fix for its volatile batteries within days.
The move will be a critical step towards returning the grounded aircraft to service, two sources familiar with the matter have said.
According to Fox News, the Federal Aviation Administration is expected to sign off on a ‘certification plan’ allowing Boeing to carry out the flight tests.
The tests will demonstrate whether authorities can lift a flight ban that sent shockwaves around the airline industry seven weeks ago.
The FAA said it would announce the plan when approved, but Boeing declined to approve.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300