US supports closer India-ASEAN economic cooperation
Washington: The United States says it strongly supports a closer economic co-operation between India and ASEAN member nations.
"What I can tell you about the India-ASEAN summit is that the United States strongly supports closer economic co-operation between India and the ASEAN member states," State Department Spokesman Patrick Ventrell told reporters at a news conference.
"As we have long said, free trade and open markets are powerful tools to improve living standards and open up new economic opportunities. So we support that closer economic cooperation," Ventrell said in response to a question.
The State Department remarks came a day after the successful meeting India-ASEAN summit meeting in New Delhi, at the end of which they signed a free trade agreement in services and investment sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300