US unemployment to fall under 7% by year end
San Diego/New Delhi: US unemployment is expected to decline to between 6.8 percent and 7.0 percent by the end of this year, as per a news wire report.
US central bank would stop buying bonds if the jobless rate indeed fell at this pace, which would bring the level of unemployment close to the Fed's threshold of 6.5 percent, a Fed official was quoted as saying.
Data released earlier on Friday showed the U.S. unemployment rate held steady at 7.8 percent in December.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20