Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway Inc bids $3.2 bn for Transatlantic Holdings Inc.
Transatlantic's board said on Sunday it would "carefully consider and evaluate" the $52-per-share offer by Berkshire unit National Indemnity Co.
Buffett's bid tops two rival offers put before Transatlantic.
Transatlantic has an agreement to be bought by Allied World Assurance Company Holdings Ltd in a deal currently worth $44.22 per share, or $2.75 billion.
Validus Holdings Ltd, meanwhile, has launched a hostile bid for Transatlantic, with a proposal currently worth $46.36 per share, or $2.89 billion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20