Aircel signs pact with ICICI, VISA
Chennai: Mobile services provider Aircel has inked a partnership with ICICI Bank and money transfer solutions provider VISA to offer its latest mobile banking service for its customers across the country.
Initially, the service would be available in the Chennai-Tirunelveli corridor in Tamil Nadu. It would aim at providing services like cash deposits, cash withdrawals, money transfer among others, said Aircel Head-Mobile Banking Geoff King after launching the service
The service would later cover Tamil Nadu and country wide, Aircel Regional Business Head, Sankara Narayanan K told reporters.
Elaborating, he said after signing up for the service, customers would be able to transfer cash instantly on any mobile phone without even a data connection.
He said a separate account would be created in the name of the customer in ICICI Bank and even if the customer loses his mobile phone, the cash would be safe and can be accessed later after obtaining a new sim card on his name.
According to him, Aircel has about 2.4 million subscribers in Chennai and 69 million across the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300