Airtel offer mobile charging, talktime loan service for Odisha
New Delhi: Telecom major Airtel on Thursday said it has started mobile charging service across 22 towns in Odisha impacted by cyclone Phailin and offering talk time on loan to people having less than Rs 5 in their account.
The company in a statement said that it has "deployed over thousands of mobile charging points in Airtel BTS (mobile towers) locations across 22 towns in the affected districts of Ganjam, Puri, Khurda, Nayagarh, Dhenkanal, Angul and Jagatsinghpur."
It added that its mobile towers in these locations are running on alternative energy source and individuals would be able to charge their mobile phones from these locations till restoration of electricity in these impacted areas.
"A Talktime on loan service is also available for Airtel mobile prepaid customers particularly in the cyclone affected areas, who are unable to avail any recharge option," it said.
Airtel's customers having mobile balance of below Rs 5 can dial *141*10# or call 52141 to receive an additional talktime loan worth Rs 10, which is recoverable from the main account when the number is suitably recharged, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission recommends 23.55% hike in salary for central govt employees; minimum salary set at Rs 18,000 per month
- Shocking fact of pay 'hike' in 7th Pay Commission recommendations!
- Full Report of 7th Pay Commission
- E-commerce war: Paytm Diwali sale offers 100% cashback on 25 million products
- Unbelievable! Clean and healthy meals on Indian Railways at just Rs 20