Amazon to hire 7,000 workers
New York: Online shopping giant Amazon Monday announced plans to hire 7,000 workers for its operations in the US, CNN reported.
The firm said most jobs offer pay and benefits far above typical retail wages.
Amazon did not give specific pay scales for the positions, but said the 5,000 warehouse jobs will pay 30 percent more than jobs in traditional retail stores.
The jobs are full-time permanent positions. The company said many workers would also be eligible for 95 percent tuition reimbursement to those attending college, whether or not their field of study is related to their job.
Amazon is also looking for 2,000 workers for its customer service department. Those jobs are a mix of full-time, part-time and seasonal positions.
CNN said that last week, the company reported a surprise loss in its most recent quarter due to bigger investments in digital products. But its revenue rose 22 percent compared to a year earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cortana for Android available for public beta in US
- Xiaomi Redmi 2 Vs Redmi 2 Prime: Specification comparisons
- Middle class woes to continue, wholesale onion price shoots up to Rs 57 per kg
- Alleged land encroachment in Greater Noida: HC asks DM to decide representation in 3 months
- Watch: Review of Mahindra TUV300